At Diawi, we are really proud to host and provide a service trusted by thousands of users everyday.
This wouldn't be possible without the help of some very well made tools and components. Here is a quick overview of what we use.
On the back-end
- php, php7 since 7/08/2016 (hhvm before) [updated]
- symfony, mostly silex and a few components:
- doctrine, monolog, twig, guzzle, swiftmailer
- blackfire + tsung for performance checking
On the front-end
- jquery, normalize, require, handlebars
- NProgress for those light progress bars at the top
- alertify for various popups and feedback messages
- clipboard for copy to clipboard
- iscroll for some scrolling areas
- plupload for nice uploads
- raphaeljs for the graphs
- grapnel as a small js pushstate router
- twitter-fetcher for the twitter feed in the footer
- mostly custom CSS using SASS and parts of:
- Framework7 for most of the webapp
- gulp for js/css processing (minification, Babel ES6, ...)
- icomoon to generate a custom icon font
On the servers
- MySQL, with Percona Server
- redis for quick access to some live data (stats, sessions, ...)
- letsencrypt for SSL certificates
- beanstalk for processing queues, one is for example used when you upload files
- Jenkins for our continuous integration and deployment processes
- Gitter for communication with users, and internally too (+ their IRC bridge https://irc.gitter.im)
- GitHub and GitLab for code hosting
- ghost for the blog, self-hosted
- PhpStorm for development
This fits quiet well today's Diawi, and of course is always open to changes as we add new ideas and features.
Feel free to comment below or join us on Gitter if you have any question! We would be happy to share and discuss!